Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Banana Blueberry Pancakes


Alright, I know that I've been sorely remiss in keeping this up, so I'll try again. Here's a start!


A couple of weeks ago I was watching an episode of Jon and Kate Plus Eight (borrowed from Netflix) where they made Banana Blueberry Pancakes. Yum! I decided that we needed to try making some ourselves, so I experimented with this recipe; hands-down the best pancakes I've ever eaten! They're light, fluffy, and so yummy that you don't need any syrup (or really even butter, for that matter). My kids wanted a little "snow" on them, or powdered sugar, as most of the world calls it, but I think it was more the principle of the thing because they did not need it! You have to give these a try! I am going to experiement next with apple cinnamon, I think...


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup mashed banana
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

This recipe will yield about 24 pancakes.

Directions
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.


2. Add eggs, milk, butter, bananas and vanilla.


3. Stir until well blended and smooth.


4. Fold in blueberries.


5. Spoon large tablespoons of batter onto greased, preheated griddle or skillet.


6. Once bubbles begin to appear, flip pancakes only once.


7. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Oooh! Making me hungry!!! I will definitely have to give these a try!!!